7 Ways to Save Water in 2018
Even though the state is no longer in a drought, Californians should continue using water wisely. After all, the next drought could be just around the corner. By using water more efficiently, we’ll be ready to handle whatever Mother Nature has in store.
Make an impact in 2018 by reducing your water use. Here are seven simple things you can do starting now:
- Switch to California-friendly, low-water-use landscaping.
By making the switch, LVMWD customers have been able to cut their water use in half!
- Use water-efficient, rotary sprinkler nozzles.
These nozzles use 20% less water than conventional spray heads. Rebates are available through SoCal WaterSmart.
- Take short showers (five minutes or less).
- Turn off the water when brushing your teeth and lathering hands.
- Check your home for leaks.
- Install new water-efficient appliances and devices.
Rebates for weather-based irrigation controllers, high-efficiency washing machines, toilets and more are available through SoCal WaterSmart.
- Only run the dishwasher and washing machine for full loads.
Here’s to a happy, water-saving new year!