Residential Turf Removal and
Landscape Water Runoff Elimination Program
Single family homeowners can qualify for $2 per square foot to transform your front and/or back yard lawn areas from water-guzzling, chemical-using, high-maintenance problem areas into a water-efficient, chemical-free, low maintenance jewel that captures rainwater, cleans the environment, creates habitat, adds real beauty and distinctiveness to your home and neighborhood.
ACT Now! Funds for this special program are limted. Before beginning any program to re-landscape your property, be sure your plans will comply with any applicable city, county or homeowner association regulations.
Rebates are for new plantings which can include only "California Friendly" type plant materials.
Synthetic turf, live turf or other turf-looking grasses are not allowed.
Did You Know…
- Irrigation is the largest single water-use item at most single-family residences?
- A typical lawn in the LVMWD service area requires about five feet of water per year?
- A well-designed water-efficient landscape can add to the value of your home?
- Many residents moved to our region for the natural beauty of its open space, hills and valleys, yet proceed to plant lawns and gardens full of water-guzzling plants not found here?
- Irrigation water that runs off your property carries contaminants such as fertilizers, lawn clippings insecticides, automotive fluids and more into the Malibu Creek watershed and Santa Monica Bay?
Fox TV News Features LVMWD’s “Mow No Mow” program - click here to video the video "Turn Your Lawn into Savings and Save Water Too" (opens a new window to myFOXla.com)
updated: July 15, 2014
This program is funded by the Las Virgenes Municipal Water District, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, California Department of Water Resources, and the Bureau of Reclamation.