California’s water supply is fragile and the possibility of prolonged drought must always be considered.
The LVMWD service area depends entirely upon imported supplies for its drinking water. Therefore, it is important to use water efficiently.
The LVMWD Board has adopted the following policies:
- Irrigation is prohibited between the hours of 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Irrigation may not occur during periods of rain or in the 24 hours following rainfall of an inch or more.
- Irrigation may not run off the property into streets, gutters or onto adjacent properties.
- The washing down of sidewalks, parking areas and driveways is not permitted, unless an approved water broom is used.
- A trigger nozzle is required on hoses used for home car washing.
- Hotels & motels must give multi-night guests the option to retain towels and linens during their stay.
• First violation – notification letter
• Second violation - $50
• Third violation - $100
• Fourth violation - $250
• Fifth violation – District may install a flow restriction device or terminate service.