Compost Facility Closed Saturday, Nov. 25
Normal pickup hours for compost and recycled water will resume Saturday, December 2.
Rancho Las Virgenes (RLV) Community Compost has earned the coveted "Class A, Exceptional Quality” rating from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). This rating means that RLV Community Compost has "unrestricted use" for flower, lawn or vegetable gardens. Its excellent organic soil conditioning properties aid water retention in light soils and it helps to break up and aerate heavier soils, so less watering is needed.
RLV Community Compost contains both readily available and long-term, slow release nutrients for greener plants. A blend of processed biosolids and wood chips, RLV Community Compost is comparable to garden amendments sold at some local stores and it’s the choice of many experienced gardeners and professional landscapers.
This excellent soil amendment is FREE OF CHARGE to you.
The only condition is that you self-load the material.
- When: Every Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. (except holidays)
- Where: 3700 Las Virgenes Rd at the intersection of Las Virgenes Rd and Lost Hills Rd in Calabasas
- How: Bring your own sealable container(s) such as a plastic storage bin with a lid, sturdy plastic bags; or if you’re loading a pickup truck or trailer, you must have a cover to secure the load in place. Each individual is responsible for filling their own containers.
The Rancho Las Virgenes Composting Facility is a service of the
Las Virgenes – Triunfo Joint Powers Authority.
- How Do You Know It’s Good Compost? (PDF)
- RLV Community Compost Brochure (PDF)
- LVMWD Community Compost Technical Information (PDF)
- The Story Behind the Flush & As it Cooks (PDF)